Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Work or Stay At Home

Some days I come to work and am okay with the idea of being a working mom. Today is not one of those days. Today is one of the days where I google the positive and negative sides of being a SAHM vs. being a working mom. I have a great job...weekends off, holidays off, summers off, great benefits and eventually a good pension. But I have to get my kids up super early and rush them off to daycare and before school care in the cold, cold early mornings. My poor (almost) one year old has now had 5 ear infections because people send their green snotty, hacking kids to daycare and get my baby sick. Now he has to see an ENT to possibly have tubes placed in his ears. My other kids who I stayed at home with didn't need them. They were hardly ever sick. This poor little guy is always coming home with notes that kids have strep or hand,foot, mouth disease or even H1N1. My salary basically covers my daycare but eventually they will all be in school and I will have a full check. If I give this job up, I don't think I will get one like it back too easily. If I could be guaranteed another school position in 5 years I would definitely take a hiatus, however these school nurses die in these positions. I swear they stay in them until they are 100 years old. Well I have one more day after today and then we are off for eleven days. Maybe I will feel differently after the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment